For a perfect protection and an optimal concentration while motorcycling, MotoSafe ear plugs has been developed. MotoSafe contains two different and exchangeable wind noise filter pairs for standard and higher attenuation. These special wind noise filters guarantee optimal protection while at the same time all-round noises are still audible and communication and hearing are still possible. The green filter offers an attenuation which is useful in most situations. The yellow filter offers an attenuation for situations with extremely high noise exposing. This offers the motorcyclist to choose the right attenuation in every situation.
Engine and wind noise are damaging for the hearing. From a speed of 100 km per hour a motorcyclist is exposed to noise that exceeds 90 decibel. The law prescribes a hearing protection when the noise is above 85 decibel. Regular noise above 80 decibels will irrevocably lead to hearing damage. Wind noise is a big problem for motorcyclists. It not only leads to hearing damage, but also to a weaker concentration. According to several helmet tests not one helmet offers sufficient hearing protection.
Alpine ThermoShape MotoSafe earplugs are produced from very soft flexible and durable AlpineThermoShape material. Due to the warmth of the ear it adapts to the shape of the auditory duct. Therefore, MotoSafe is very comfortable to wear. MotoSafe earplugs with special wind noise filters are an open system, so that one has no feeling of isolation.
Duration of use
- The lifespan of MotoSafe™ earplugs depends on the frequency of use. Keeping the earplugs clean prolongs the lifespan.
Unique selling points
- Optimal protection against wind noise
- Traffic and motorcycle remain perfectly audible
- Two different and exchangeable wind noise filter pairs
- Perfect fitting form
- No feeling of isolation
- Does not stick out of the ear
If you are riding without hearing protection here are some stats that will make you want to wear earplugs
- @62 mph 94 dB 15 minutes before hearing damage
- @75 mph 98 dB 7 minutes before hearing damage
- @87 mph 102 dB 3 minutes before hearing damage
- @100 mph 106 dB 90 seconds before hearing damage